In addition to the enrollment application, you will need the following documents *:

* If you are missing any of these required documents, you may still submit the application, but will need to work with your MJUSD school to complete the pre-enrollment process.

Proof of Residence

Please submit two of the following acceptable documents:

  • Utility service contract, bills or payment receipts (Gas, Water, or Electricity)
  • Property taxes, rental or lease agreement, current rental receipt with address of property on receipt
  • Official government mail (CalWORKS, Social Security, Medi-Cal, etc.)
  • Current pay stub
  • Voter registration
  • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student
  • Verification letter from housing agency, landlords or other agencies

Proof of Age of Minor

Please submit one of the following acceptable documents:

  • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Passport
  • Court order
  • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child's age. (I.E., Health office/vital statistics record of birth certificate date, Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) letter verifying birthdate and an explanation of how this was verified, etc.)

Proof of Immunization

Wellness Check- Required only for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten & 1st grader, if 1st grader has not attended Kindergarten

If available/applicable you may also submit copies of:

  • Transcripts or recent grade reports
  • Copy of most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or Section 504 Plan
  • Court orders regarding legal custody, physically custody, or restricted contact with the school or child
  • Inter-District Attendance or Residency Based on Employment Application (if applicable)
  • Proof of Employment (if applicable)